Off & Inshore Fishing
World Class Costa Rica Fishing Packages
Located on the Golfo Dulce, one of the deepest gulfs in the world, and minutes from the mouth of the Pacific Ocean, Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge is perfectly located to enjoy both world class off-shore and in-shore (i.e. deep sea) fishing adventures!
Offshore fishing days are spent with the area’s best captains and boats. You will be picked up each morning right at our dock for sportfishing. Fish for Sailfish, Marlin, Dorado and Tuna.
Inshore fishing days are spent on the calm waters of the Golfo Dulce and the area’s rivers. Fish with Playa Nicuesa’s team of local guides that have years of first hand experience fishing all the Gulf’s best spots. We fish on the lodge’s local panga boats – 24 foot boats with 115 horsepower four stroke engines. This is an excellent opportunity to catch a variety of fish including Snapper, Snook, large Jack fish, and with some luck the prized Roosterfish.
More on our Sportfishing Activities
Customized Off & Inshore Package Example and Pricing
All our fishing packages are based on double occupancy, and accommodate to the particular needs and likings of your party. Following is an example of a package configured based on High Season 2011 accommodation rates:
- Number of people in your party: 2 adults
- Number of nights at the lodge: 5 nights
- Type of accommodation: Cabin
- Number of people sportfishing: 2 people
- Number of days sportfishing: 2 days
- Number of days Inshore fishing: 2 days
- Type of boat you would like to charter: 28ft. Mako
$4,500 Total or $2,250 per Person
(2 persons x 5 nights x $210 per night double occupancy)
+ (2 days sportfishing x $850)
+ (2 days in-shore fishing x $350)
We will gladly customize a sportfishing package based on the following information that you provide:
- Number of people in your party (specify if there are children ages 6-12)
- Number of nights you would like to stay at the lodge
- Type of accommodation
- Number of people sportfishing
- Number of days sportfishing
- Number of days in-shore fishing
- Type of boat you would like to charter
You may also add extra nights and nature/adventure activities.
Make a Reservation Inquiry
Custom Package includes:
(packages are based on double occupancy)
- Roundtrip boat transfer between lodge and town of arrival/departure (Golfito or Puerto Jimenez)
- Sportfishing charters (includes lunch and all the beer/soft drinks you like)
- In-shore fishing
- Nightly accommodation in either Private Cabin or Mango Guesthouse
- 3 Delicious meals served daily
- Unlimited self-guided hikes on lodge preserve trails, use of kayaks, fishing and snorkeling gear
- All Taxes
The mango house is great for all types of travelers. Especially a good choice for friends or families that want to be close, but also have the privacy of your own room with private bathroom. Also great for single travelers or those who are a bit nervous about staying in the jungle, as the mango rooms are more in an open area then the private cabins that are tucked into the rainforest. Also great for parties of approximately 6-10 that want to rent all 4 rooms at once.