Osa Peninsula - Golfo Dulce Wildlife
- Best Dolphin Tour in Golfo Dulce
- Where to See a Sloth in Costa Rica
- It's Time for Humpback Whales in Costa Rica in Golfo Dulce
- Nicuesa Lodge Joins Jaguar Conservation in Costa Rica
- Golfo Dulce is a top Costa Rica wildlife spot
- Best Wildlife in Costa Rica at Nicuesa Lodge
- Whale Watching in Costa Rica
- Close encounters with a whale shark in Costa Rica
- Whale watching in Costa Rica at Nicuesa Lodge starts in July
What marine life and wildlife might I see near the coast and in the Golfo Dulce?The beach trails that line Corcovado National Park and the Osa Peninsula are home to a range of amphibious, sea-faring creatures and crustaceans, from hermit crabs to exotic underwater life, including eels, sea turtles, starfish, and other tropical fish. Keep an eye out for dolphins! And, don't miss the Northern and Southern humpback whales which can be seen breaching in the Golfo Dulce between January - February and July - August.
What types of wildlife excursions can I take?Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge offers wonderful tours - both ocean and rainforest adventure- that range from easy to difficult. Some are both guided and self-guided. Some of the easy tours include dolphin watching, introductory day hikes, night hiking, botanical garden tours, artisanal organic chocolate making, and edible landscape tours. A few of the moderate to difficult tours include paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkeling, horseback riding, zip line/canopy tours, and the waterfall hike. Our Lodge offers miles of private nature trails through the preserve and rainforest, which connect to and through Piedras Blancas National Park.